MLSD BUILDING & CLASS
Building Entrance and Exit Process
o Dancers will be using a FRONT DOOR DROP OFF & FRONT DOOR PICK UP process. Lobby waiting area is for students only, as we do not have the space permitted to hold all family members of all children dancing at the same time. Parents should drop off their child at the FRONT of their designated studio no more than 5 MINUTES BEFORE the start of their class. Parents of young children should walk their child to the front door. Parents of older children can drop off, but please pull up to the door to avoid them having to cross the street.
o Dancers will take their dance bag, shoes and water bottle into class. No additional items, please.
o Upon entering each class, there will be hand sanitizer if your dancer chooses to use some.
o After class, dancers will line up single file and our instructors walk them to the front where they will be dismissed.
o PARENTS with children 6 AND UNDER should walk with their child up to the front doors. It is also suggested that these parents considering waiting in their cars in our parking lot during class (especially during the first couple of weeks) to ensure their child is comfortable in their new surroundings.
o ALL PARENTS be aware that our waiting area is for students only. Parents should wait in their vehicles, take a walk, run an errand or shop our dancewear store. The exception to this is our Tot Dance parents. Parents will be able to view classes via ZOOM as well as in person Parent Observation days during the regular season. Schedule will be posted on our front door and emailed out.
Classroom and Building Policies
- Bring only the items needed for class. No extra toys/food/items from home.
- MLSD dress code must be followed as well as hair secured and proper footwear. Dancers out
of dress code will be sent an email. In the event of habitual dress code issues, dancers may be
asked to sit out.
- Bring your own water bottle
– When students arrive they will sit in the student waiting lobby until their classroom is open. At that time they will enter their classroom. Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your class.
- No gum or food is allowed in the classrooms.
- Cell phones are not allowed to be used in the classrooms.
- Instructors must be present in order for a dancer to be in a classroom.
- Students must respect teachers, staff and classmates or will be asked to observe class, instead of participate.
-In the rare case of a parent or student showing disrespect or defamation to any parent, staff member or student, a meeting will be called immediately and dismissal may be considered at the discretion of the studio director. Physical, mental, emotional or cyber bullying by parents, staff or students will not be tolerated and may result in dismissal from the studio.
- Our waiting area is for students only.
-Mary Lou’s School of Dance takes no responsibility for any stolen or misplaced property.
-Mary Lou’s School of Dance management reserves the right to change teachers or timetabling when necessary at any time throughout the year.
Health for Employees & Customers
A professional cleaning company provides deep cleaning of the facility multiple times per week to add to our already scheduled daily cleaning routines by MLSD employees.
MLSD has multiple hand sanitizer stations throughout our facility.
Each studio is equipped with an AirDoctor UltraHEPATM filtration system.
MLSD will be limiting the number of dancers inside our facility and closing our lobby to parents and guests.
MLSD instructors will be washing hands and following sanitation practices between classes.
MLSD employees will be healthy before reporting to work.
Masks are optional for students and staff.
KEEP YOUR CHILD HOME IF:
- Your child has a temperature, or has had a temperature within the last 48 hours
- Your child is exhibiting symptoms of being sick such as constant coughing, sneezing,vomiting etc within the past 48 hours
- Anyone in your home has experienced a temperature or other “flu like” symptoms within the past 48 hours
- You have been exposed to COVID19 and are under quarantine
Reminder- if your child is ill or needing to remain home due to quarantine or family illness you can always Zoom your dance class!
Just email the studio at email@example.com or call us at 210-658-9291 and your instructor will let you into the virtual classroom!